Virtualization is a software technology that is rapidly transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people compute. Simply put, virtualization technologies insert a thin layer of software (called a "hypervisor") on hardware or a host operating system. This software lets you run multiple operating systems and applications on a single physical machine, sharing the resources of that machine across multiple environments The technology was first used by IBM in the 1960s in order to more efficiently use the expensive processing power of mainframe computers. With today's powerful hardware, this technology is now able to be run on regular servers, or even on desktop PCs and is fast becoming a de facto standard in IT environments worldwide.
Virtualization technologies allow for the maximum utilization of system resources through the consolidation of IT hardware, and the elimination of aging legacy systems. A successful virtualization initiative will make the IT environment more efficient, and easier to manage your resources with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- 1. Get more out of your existing resources: Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy "one application to one" server model with server consolidation.
- 2. Reduce data-center costs by reducing your physical infrastructure: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements.
- 3. Increase availability of hardware and applications for improved business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
- 4. Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
- 5. Improve desktop manageability and security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
- • IT environment assessment / virtualization planning
- • Datacenter and desktop virtualization implementation
- • Disaster recovery management consulting
Fax. +81 3 4588 2229